ASPDotNetStorefront Module to email your Customers when a product is back in stock
This module will detect if a Product is out of stock and allow your Customers to enter their email address and be notified when that product comes back in stock. It will also allow you to analyse which products are receiving the most out of stock notification request and tell which of your Customers are asking to be notified.
- Just one additional line is required in your product XML packages to detect an out of stock situation and ask a Customer for their email
- Works for both anonymous and registered Customer’s. A registered Customer’s email address is auto-populated in the form
- Included a script allowing an automated scheduler to run at a time you specify checking for stock and auto-emailing those Customers who’ve asked to be updated
- No popups, all the product page processing is done using JQuery and Ajax
- You have complete control over both the on-page and email HTML content
- Styling can be modified by simply editing one CSS page
- You can report on which products Customer’s have asked for stock notification on allowing you to improve your Supply Chain processes
- You can choose to schedule stock checking and emails to Customers automatically, or manually launch the process as an administrator
- Provides additional custom XML Package functions for you to use in your own code to return stock levels for products and variants, even those with size and color combinations.
Download available now Click the icon below to download and evaluate this module. It should run without licensing on non-production servers.
To license this module for production use, please visit the ASPDNSF Email on Stock module licensing request form here.
- ASPDotNetStorefront v9 or Multistore
- Backup your store
- Install the ASPDotNetStorefront files (no source code required) including creation of the new database table ‘WOEOSEmails’
- Set your license code App Config value in ASPDotNetStorefront
- Modify your product XML Packages as required
- Test the module
ASPDotNetStorefront AppConfig values required:
‘Webopius.WOEOS.License’ The unique license key emailed to you. If the license key is invalid or empty, the module will work on development servers. On live servers, an unlicensed module will work but change some content to contain the text ‘UNLICENSED’.
Using the module within XML packages
To use the control within XML package, you first need to edit your site’s web.config file. Within web.config, look for the following block…
Using the module within XML packages
To use the control within XML packages, you first need to edit your site’s web.config file. Within web.config, look for the following block…
<xsltobjects defaultExtension=""> <extensions> ... </extensions> </xsltobjects>
You’ll probably see an existing line within extensions related to the ASPDNSF receipt extension. Add the following line below the closing /extensions…
<add name="eos" namespace="urn:eos" type="WOEOS.WOEOSXsltExtension"></add>
So, the end result will look something like this (you may also have additional extensions installed)…
<xsltobjects defaultExtension=""> <extensions> <clear /> <add name="receipt" namespace="urn:receipt" type="ReceiptXsltExtension, app_code"></add> <add name="eos" namespace="urn:eos" type="WOEOS.WOEOSXsltExtension"></add> </extensions> </xsltobjects
Make sure that your site still runs and fix any errors before continuing.
To use the Email on Stock module within an XML package, include the following within each XML package’s xsl:stylesheet definition where you want to run the module (for example product.UrbanExcessProduct.xml.config):
Depending on your XML package, the result will look something like this:
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:eos="urn:eos" xmlns:aspdnsf="urn:aspdnsf" exclude-result-prefixes="aspdnsf eos">
Again, make sure that your XML package runs correctly with this change before continuing.
Once this is running without any errors, to generate the panel telling the Customer that a product is out of stock, include the following line within your XML Package:
<xsl:value-of select="eos:EmailWhenBackInStock(ProductID, VariantID)" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
Ensure that the ‘ProductID’ and ‘VariantID’ names match the variable names used in your XMLPackage. This function will check this Product/Variant combination’s stock level. If it is below your Store’s ‘OutOfStockThreshold’ value then a panel is generated notifying the Customer and asking them if they would like to enter their email address. Example shown below:
You can change the content of this panel by editing /XmlPackages/woeos.emailwheninstock.xml.config
Sending emails to Customers
To get your store to look through all pending notification requests, check stock levels and to email Customers if product are back in stock, you simply run the following page:
This will look at all pending notification requests, check stock levels and email Customers if stock levels are above your Store’s ‘OutOfStockThreshold’ AppConfig value. You can change the content of the email that is sent to Customers by editing the file /WOEOS/woeos.emailtemplate.xml.config
Scheduling sending of emails
Within the WOEOS directory, you will also see a file called ‘WOEOSScheduler.vbs’. This script can be used by the Windows Task scheduler on your server to run the out of stock email processing on a regular basis (such as every hour). Simply edit this file and enter your store’s domain name. Then use this file within Windows Task scheduler.
The Administration page is /[YOUR STORE ADMIN DIRECTORY]/WOEOSAdmin.aspx
Within this administration page, you can:
- View top products with stock enquiries pending
- Launch the process to check stock and email customers
- Export a CSV file of all Customer emails who have enquiried on product stock
- Clear all processed data from the stock enquiry table
- View the top products that have received stock requests
If you would like this page to appear in you ASPDotNetStorefront Admin menu, simply add it to /[YOUR STORE ADMIN DIRECTORY]/Controls/AdminMenu.ascx.cs
Troubleshooting and Support
For assistance related to this module, our support forum is here: http://support.webopius.com, alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do all we can to help. If you would like this module installed for you, please email email@example.com. We can install it for you for just $90 USD (£60 GBP / €70 Euros) provided we can be given access to your server.
Click here to visit the Support forum for this module